The most comprehensive, practical and intellectually coherent negotiation skills programme.
We equip your key negotiators with tools and techniques that combine a co-operative approach, to create more value in the deal, with a competitive approach that manages power intelligently to claim as much value as possible for your side of the table.
- A clear grasp of their personal negotiating Style and Behaviour and how to manage these more effectively.
- An awareness of the need for both Cooperative Win-Win and Competitive Win-Lose strategies, and the ability to strike a realistic balance between them.
- An understanding of the three fundamental Modes of negotiation – Creativity, Reason and Power – and when to use each of them.
- A set of flexible Planning Tools for determining a limit, target and opening position; deciding what information should be kept vs. shared; planning with multiple issues, etc.
- Practical mechanisms for Creating and exploring Options for Mutual Gain to build a better deal for both parties.
- Effective techniques for using Reason to reach agreement by putting arguments more persuasively.
- The ability to use and resist Power Tactics at the pivotal moments of the negotiation by
- crafting and reacting to Opening Positions
- managing the flow of Concessions
- deploying Closes that seal the deal.
- Proficiency with all the major Gambits: knowing when and how to use them, how to counter them, and even how to counter the counters.
- A clearer focus on effective Teamwork in the planning and conduct of negotiations.
- Enhanced Social Skills in communicating, questioning, listening, managing conflict and reading the hidden meanings of speech and body language.
- Greater Control over the negotiation process – whether face to face or on the phone – to manage a smooth transition through the Three Phases to a successful Closing of the deal.
- A clear understanding of when to run a hybrid Negoti-auction; and how to run and respond to a negoti-auction in both the bidding and negotiation stages.
- Structured techniques for Reviewing both individual and team performance to build on success and learn from setbacks.